Knowing where to start is always the hardest part.
Randi is the planner of our trips, she prefers to know when will we be going, how long it will take to get there, what will we be doing along the way and where is she laying her head on the pillow that night. Margo likes to disrupt those plans, to go off the beaten path, to take the road less traveled, to stop and read each historical sign, to eat at a local dive restaurant, to talk to a stranger, to look in “just one more store”.
Randi humors her most of the time.
The short version of our story:
- We met in the Summer of 1990 in Las Vegas and by the Summer of 1993, we were living together in Utah with our 6 kids.
- We lived in Kaysville and Ogden, UT.
- How did we keep kids busy on the weekends, instead of fighting? We went on adventures! We traveled to:
- Yellowstone National Park, WY
- Bear Lake, UT
- Fort Bridger, WY
- Lagoon (an amusement park in Utah)
- Idaho Falls, ID
- Lots of trips to California, to the beach and Disneyland
- Soda Springs, ID
- Dinosaur National Monument, UT
- Grand Canyon
- Painted Desert, AZ
- and so many more, closer to home.
- Randi started going to school for Nursing at Weber State and Margo worked in management for RGIS Inventory.
- In 1998, Margo was promoted to District Manager in Medford, OR and so we moved.
- Randi continued on with her schooling at Southern Oregon University.
- In 2001, we broke up 🤦♀️ and went our separate ways.
- We had very limited contact for a number of years.
- In 2012, we reunited and realized that we were meant to be together.
- On Sept. 2, 2012, we were married in Central Park, NY!
- We lived in Eagle Mountain, UT until August 2015, when we moved back to Medford, OR as Randi accepted a job to work on the open heart surgery team.
- In 2018, we decided to follow our dream and travel for a year, so we sold our house, quit our jobs and started traveling on June 5, 2019.
Upon reuniting, we acknowledged that we both had made mistakes in our previous relationship, we both had individual things we needed to work on, we realized that we were meant to be together, we forgave each other and ourselves and are so glad that we didn’t have to wait, NOT ONE DAY LONGER to get back together.
This blog is to help us keep track of the places we’ve been, the sights we’ve seen along the way and the amazing people that we meet.
Thanks for coming along on this journey with us.